Tips & Timesavers
Here are some guidelines for preparing your files for printing.
- Create your document the same size as the piece will print.
An 8 1/2 x 11 document must be created at 8 1/2 x 11, for example.
- Import your graphics directly into your document to create a link, not by copying and pasting.
- Create your document with colors specified as CMYK or PMS spot colors. Do not specify colors as RGB.
- Use type fonts that are available on your computer. Do not stylize fonts on the control strip.
- Create bleeds of 1/8” if you have images that run off the sides of the page.
- Use hi-res graphics in your document. 300 dpi is the standard.
- Preflight (check) your job. Your project must include all images and fonts.